When I walk past the memory lane
I recollect all the little happiness that we did gain,
Today everything looks so changed and new
I wonder how fast the time flew!
Yes, the childhood memories
Keep crossing my mind,
I wonder if those worry free and stress free days
This lifetime will I ever find?
Days when we played together
And every silly joke brought laughter,
When we used to fight n complain
But still unite for a profitable bargain.
Your caring nature for your younger sis
Always came to me as a bliss,
I remember your new bicycle which was our dad's gift
I was the first lady of your life to whom you gave a lift: -)
How we used to stealthily do pranks
And favour each other without a thanks,
Supporting each other in times of trouble
Celebrating every victory with a cuddle.
Yes, this poem is dedicated to you, my brother,
For a reason
For the best days we spent together
Irrespective of any season.
Today we are grown ups v can say
With no time left for play,
Though those carefree days are gone
We still have with us cherished memories that last for long!
Kavya ...'s Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Cherished Memories by Kavya ... )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Samuel Taylor Coleridge
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Eldorado, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Smile To Remember, Charles Bukowski
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- The Criminal V, Khalil Gibran
Poem of the Day
- Absence, Neela Nath
- Not Knowing What Might Have Been, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The rising, gajanan mishra
- Flowing Water, Vera Sidhwa
- Cooling Water, Vera Sidhwa
- May I be allowed, gajanan mishra
- The Green Days, Nhuan LeXuan
- leaving the dream ajar, Mandolyn ...
- Androids in my Dream, Rachel Nichols
- The Day Before Christmas 1968, Kyle Schlicher