Falling and Finding Grace
I'm standing high on a high mountain.
My sin has lifted me high.
I miss the step suddenly sliding.
Tumbling over, hard sharp edged rock, and wild brush,
I feel a sudden rush.
My brush with death,
Knowing my life will soon be over.
You show me a quick flash of my life.
How I played the role as a wife.
Looking up at the one that I thought I could trust.
Me over the edge,
Watching me fall he smiles,
Knowing everyone will think it was an accident.
You take my hand before I hit the ground.
Feeling the burn marks on my flesh.
Feeling the blade marks on my flesh.
You take me in your arms.
Riding high on the wings' of Angels you safely place me.
Saving me from self-destruction, saving me from death,
You save me.
Healing my flesh,
You mentor me.
You remold me into a new creature.
Showing me the joy of salvation,
You make my life fresh.
Falling and finding, grace in the Lord.
Patricia Kelley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Falling and Finding Grace by Patricia Kelley )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(9 November 1928 – 4 October 1974)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Epitaph, Bozhidar Pangelov
- unveil, baharak barzin
- Sciences Take xx xxx xx Original .., Lee Mack
- Queen Patreniallla - Part 2 Continued, QueenPatrenia Turner, Royalt ..
- Transitory, Babbling Brookes
- Having Fun, Noah Body
- winter, Clara Keiper
- After Rudyard Kipling, Josh Mitteldorf
- The cold will come, Gianfranco Aurilio
- Boredom, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK