Elf’s came to shake awake the bluebells
Elves came to shake awake the bluebells
But first had to leave; their warmth.
It was a tiny house covered in snow.
Hidden ever so well; from grizzly trolls…
O how the Elves dance and played.
Within the memories of a distant glade!
“Then went home brandishing a blue-jewel.
Sailing back; on an upturned toadstool.
They sang empting their hearts gold.
Like a wave they waved goodbye…
To a distant glade, tears uncontrolled.
Like a wave they waved goodbye.
O with a heart of winter struggle!
They headed home weary but happy!
They climbed the mountain entombed
In ice; to sleep to dream and snuggle.
…Knowing butterflies begin to flitter-
Flutter and moths are dreamy eyed;
To discover a new star a new lover.
'So we’re all left breathless to preside.
As elf’s bluebells brakes their woodland cover!
Where: elfish men are ever so well hidden.
O Shangri-La in their bunks, in their hearts
Taking, another dignified, doze by the dozen'...
Mark Heathcote's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Elf’s came to shake awake the bluebells by Mark Heathcote )
- If all know is love, Mark Heathcote
- Remove Yourself From Bitterness, Ronell Warren Alman
- Fornicating In The Bowels Of Unswerving .., Captain Cur
- im not okay, Faith Taylors
- The world is like a worm, Mark Heathcote
- Our shared tear, Julie Shirley
- Conscious Peal, Adeosun Olamide
- Living Contradictions, Sandra Feldman
- Alley Church, Adeosun Olamide
- Desirable Effects, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- V: Song: To Celia, Ben Jonson
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Acquainted with the Night, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Alone, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
- Heather Burns