Christian Tobechukwu Okafor
Elergy For A Dreamy Life!
Life's all a dream but a dream in a dream!
A longing in me his blazed trail inflames
With him to fast 'wake in the other dream
If surely right there I must find his face.
Like usual dreams often disappearing
When their climax one readies to enjoy
His life sublimated when its meaning
About its aspired corner just bore.
Well, solace I 'cause before being called
From this dream to the other, lives he touched.
I love him wherever for good he be
'cause his exit never planless could be
'cause all our seeming conscious lives are but
Conscious dreams in a conscious mind - The One.
Christian Tobechukwu Okafor's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Elergy For A Dreamy Life! by Christian Tobechukwu Okafor )
- Racism, Kenneth Maswabi
- Idling mind., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Using Both Sides Of A Brain, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- hakuna matata, Luv Artem
- Silent Horizons, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Continuing Inspiration, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A.Blok, Three letters - 1- translation (.., Lyudmila Purgina
- last trail, Vian Sabri
- You shot..., Lyudmila Purgina
- A.Blok, A black raven...- translation (r.., Lyudmila Purgina
Poem of the Day
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Tiger, William Blake
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- A Thing of Beauty (Endymion), John Keats
- The Lesson, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)