Don't Leave Me Here
I don't get out much now that you're gone
But I still feel so close to you;
Yesterday, the waiter at the restaurant said
'Good evening, Ma'am, table for two? '
I looked around, but I saw no one else,
Was your spirit standing there?
Then I caught a whiff of your cologne
Floating lightly on the air
Is this the reason I feel close to you,
Have you found your way back to me?
Were you allowed to remove the veil
Between us and eternity?
I miss you so much, I can't let go,
I'm chained to your memory;
And the chains get heavier every day,
But I wear them willingly
Yet, how much pain do I have to bear?
What is life without you, anyway?
Restless days become lonely nights,
And lonely nights turn back into day
There's nothing to keep me here anymore,
Help me find my way to you;
Lift the veil and reach out to me,
Take my hand and guide me through!
Lora Colon's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Don't Leave Me Here by Lora Colon )
Did you read them?
- Complete homes, hasmukh amathalal
- Landfill, Phil Soar
- W-a-t-c-h! Fury online movie free full s.., afandi azhaa
- Inadequacy (Depression), Avuyile 'Avue' Maseko
- Sonnet: To My Doctor Boss, Dr John Celes
- Awakening, Dipankar Sadhukhan
- Ours, Neela Nath
- Abstinence, Angela K Brown
- It Makes You Sad, mary douglas
- Let light be, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(15 April 1958)