Don't Leave Me Here
I don't get out much now that you're gone
But I still feel so close to you;
Yesterday, the waiter at the restaurant said
'Good evening, Ma'am, table for two? '
I looked around, but I saw no one else,
Was your spirit standing there?
Then I caught a whiff of your cologne
Floating lightly on the air
Is this the reason I feel close to you,
Have you found your way back to me?
Were you allowed to remove the veil
Between us and eternity?
I miss you so much, I can't let go,
I'm chained to your memory;
And the chains get heavier every day,
But I wear them willingly
Yet, how much pain do I have to bear?
What is life without you, anyway?
Restless days become lonely nights,
And lonely nights turn back into day
There's nothing to keep me here anymore,
Help me find my way to you;
Lift the veil and reach out to me,
Take my hand and guide me through!
Lora Colon's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Don't Leave Me Here by Lora Colon )
Did you read them?
- Am An African, Enyinwa Okechukwu Enyinwa
- Invisible Walls, S. I. Rednow
- COPLA 108 RESOLUTION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- FALLING FEATHER, shannon strauss
- I Found Favor In A Lake, mohamed Alpha Ba
- A Direful Day, mohamed Alpha Ba
- Black Reign, Singleton M. Tate
- I Will Keep On Praying, mohamed Alpha Ba
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.18, Monk E. Biz
- I regret nothing, but I invest in what c.., Mandolyn ...