Don't Have A Happy Holiday
We won’t wish you Seasons Greetings
or a Happy Holiday.
We won’t write Merry Xmas
because the “X” takes Christ away.
We celebrate our Saviors birth
around our Christmas tree,
and wish a “Merry Christmas”,
to our friends and family.
We love our Lord and Savior
and find joy in His name,
and Christmas without “Christ”
would never be the same.
In celebrating Christmas
Don’t take Christ’s name away.
Wish all a “MERRY CHRISTMAS”
Not a Happy Holiday.
MERRY CHRISTMAS! ”
Ron Tranmer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Don't Have A Happy Holiday by Ron Tranmer )
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Emmonsail's Heath in Winter, John Clare
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1886 - 1967)