You came to this world with a Divine purpose,
Living amongst, the lost and weathered rose.
You taught us with God's Almighty breath, the slumber rose will arise again.
You set an example, for all of us to follow.
Teaching us unconditional love, agape love,
Teaching us forgiveness,
Teaching us how too, heal one another.
You left, the Living Dove.
Your gift, the Holy Spirit,
To all of your living children!
You taught us that we're all, sisters and brothers.
Teaching us there is no division in color.
You awoke all the spirits of men and women alike.
Loving us all, with all of your heart, before we even met you.
Knowing what we would face in life.
You sacrificed your life.
Knowing what they would do to you, in the darkest night.
You didn't fight.
Warning us all, you spoke that the path to Heaven was narrow,
Even though God's protective hand is on the sparrow.
We walk this earth not knowing, what's going to happen to us tomorrow.
But, we know by faith, if God will protect the smallest black-sparrow.
His love and mercy will follow us, whenever, we are sent to walk through the dark shadows.
Where God sends us tomorrow, pointed by the straight arrow, I will follow.
It runs deeply through my bone marrow.
It's my Divine Purpose.
A message spoken by our missions of love and faith that guides you.
Patricia Kelley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Divine Purpose by Patricia Kelley )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Christina Georgina Rossetti
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Alone With Everybody, Charles Bukowski
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- GroundSound, Marina Olivera Sangers
- Bukowski, Frank Avon
- The wish of the fish, Marina Olivera Sangers
- The shadows, Marina Olivera Sangers
- My Precious, Melissa Bange
- Dayspring, Frank Avon
- A Lonely Princess, Steve Kittell
- Recife Dogs Haiku, Kim Barney
- Pausing - That Was All, Frank Avon
- Truth, Please, Sandra Feldman