You came to this world with a Divine purpose,
Living amongst, the lost and weathered rose.
You taught us with God's Almighty breath, the slumber rose will arise again.
You set an example, for all of us to follow.
Teaching us unconditional love, agape love,
Teaching us forgiveness,
Teaching us how too, heal one another.
You left, the Living Dove.
Your gift, the Holy Spirit,
To all of your living children!
You taught us that we're all, sisters and brothers.
Teaching us there is no division in color.
You awoke all the spirits of men and women alike.
Loving us all, with all of your heart, before we even met you.
Knowing what we would face in life.
You sacrificed your life.
Knowing what they would do to you, in the darkest night.
You didn't fight.
Warning us all, you spoke that the path to Heaven was narrow,
Even though God's protective hand is on the sparrow.
We walk this earth not knowing, what's going to happen to us tomorrow.
But, we know by faith, if God will protect the smallest black-sparrow.
His love and mercy will follow us, whenever, we are sent to walk through the dark shadows.
Where God sends us tomorrow, pointed by the straight arrow, I will follow.
It runs deeply through my bone marrow.
It's my Divine Purpose.
A message spoken by our missions of love and faith that guides you.
Patricia Kelley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Divine Purpose by Patricia Kelley )
- Feminine Beauty, chanchal gupta
- Alone again, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- [Challenge] Entrees for September (Disqu.., Brian Johnston
- Indulgences, Jayatissa Liyanage
- From The Balcony, Heather Burns
- Ang undubai, Shri R Brahma
- 10 January 2014, Shri R Brahma
- October is next to September تشرين الاول.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- October is next to September, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- I feel bored, MOHAMMAD SKATI
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- My Love Is Like To Ice, Edmund Spenser
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- Heather Burns