You came to this world with a Divine purpose,
Living amongst, the lost and weathered rose.
You taught us with God's Almighty breath, the slumber rose will arise again.
You set an example, for all of us to follow.
Teaching us unconditional love, agape love,
Teaching us forgiveness,
Teaching us how too, heal one another.
You left, the Living Dove.
Your gift, the Holy Spirit,
To all of your living children!
You taught us that we're all, sisters and brothers.
Teaching us there is no division in color.
You awoke all the spirits of men and women alike.
Loving us all, with all of your heart, before we even met you.
Knowing what we would face in life.
You sacrificed your life.
Knowing what they would do to you, in the darkest night.
You didn't fight.
Warning us all, you spoke that the path to Heaven was narrow,
Even though God's protective hand is on the sparrow.
We walk this earth not knowing, what's going to happen to us tomorrow.
But, we know by faith, if God will protect the smallest black-sparrow.
His love and mercy will follow us, whenever, we are sent to walk through the dark shadows.
Where God sends us tomorrow, pointed by the straight arrow, I will follow.
It runs deeply through my bone marrow.
It's my Divine Purpose.
A message spoken by our missions of love and faith that guides you.
Patricia Kelley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Divine Purpose by Patricia Kelley )
- Loves silent vigil, Erato
- I Miss You., sanjay Pathak
- I am Sorry., sanjay Pathak
- Dunderheaded Love Stories (Adwoa Xanthe), Dexsta Ray
- an unpassionate night, lee fones
- Mobocracy, Aftab Alam
- WHAT IS TO BE A MAN?, Ali Faisal
- NIRVANA, Thor Fabian Pettersen
- Transformation, Aftab Alam
- unrehearsed walk, lee fones
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Farewell Love and All Thy Laws Forever, Sir Thomas Wyatt
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)