MM opening bills. Diotima lolls nearby. She smokes.
MM Why do prices always go up?
D (shrugs) Some people say it's natural.
MM Do you think that's true?
D Yes and no. The real reason, of course, is....
MM What? I'm listening-
D - gravity. They go up because of gravity. It's a law.
MM Really? Diotima, I thought gravity made things go down.
If what you say's true, shouldn't things get cheaper?
D Quelle naivete! You're forgetting one thing.
It's a topsy-turvy world. Gravity used to make things go down.
Now it makes things go up. Prices included.
MM Hm. Then it has nothing to do with greed?
MM Or need to maintain a profit margin?
MM Or the singling out of necessities to profit by?
Like food, a roof, medication, transportation?
D Absolutely not!
MM Or high overhead, getting passed on to the consumer?
D Where do you get these ideas? That's just silly.
(silence; Diotima smokes)
MM Where do babies come from?
D What a question. Test tubes, of course.
MM Just asking.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Dialogue by Morgan Michaels )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The curdling moon, Mark Heathcote
- Look up or down, hasmukh amathalal
- Igor, Von Kimball Barney
- Does He Think Of Me, Brianna Kimball
- Live the life king size, hasmukh amathalal
- Tropic Interlude, Liilia Talts Morrison
- The Bear and the Crow, Stephen Katona
- Still exist, hasmukh amathalal
- INCONSTANT LOVE 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- HAIKU...The Good Die Young, Ken e Hall