Depression: Some Advice..... [A Reminder and A Warning To All, Depressed or Not]
I suppose we all can have....a “bad day”,
whether we’re at work or we’re at play.
But on “bad days” there’s still stuff to enjoy,
whether you’re a woman or man or girl or boy.
Most of us still can walk;
at forward motion our feet don’t balk.
We still have enough teeth to eat a meal,
even if some teeth are “false”, not real.
Most can see the glorious sun and feel its heat,
and most, when needed, have a toilet seat.
We have fans to cool us when it’s hot,
and heaters to warm us when it’s not.
And for those few of you who STILL say “life’s a bitch”,
you can often choose.....your own life to ditch.
BUT think before you pull the trigger or cut yourself with knife,
‘cause, once you’re dead, you CAN NOT ……retrieve your life.
- - - - - - - - - - - -
PLUS: If you attempt suicide and fail,
you may find yourself crippled and/or in jail.
So be SURE you're sober and talk your problems out,
even if you have to LOUDLY shout!
(January 1+4, and March 15,2014)
Bri Edwards's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Depression: Some Advice..... [A Reminder and A Warning To All, Depressed or Not] by Bri Edwards )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Convergence-A Painting By Jackson Pollock, Kyle Schlicher
- if it's free take two, Mandolyn ...
- Harmony In Marriage, Kyle Schlicher
- what was i supposed to be doing again?, Mandolyn ...
- The windmill of my existance, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- Home, Susan Oxford
- My writer friends and I, jim hogg
- six thousand years should do the trick, Mandolyn ...
- Strange is Life, Smoky Hoss
- Voice of your bangles, ramesh rai