Depression: Some Advice..... [A Reminder and A Warning To All, Depressed or Not]
I suppose we all can have....a “bad day”,
whether we’re at work or we’re at play.
But on “bad days” there’s still stuff to enjoy,
whether you’re a woman or man or girl or boy.
Most of us still can walk;
at forward motion our feet don’t balk.
We still have enough teeth to eat a meal,
even if some teeth are “false”, not real.
Most can see the glorious sun and feel its heat,
and most, when needed, have a toilet seat.
We have fans to cool us when it’s hot,
and heaters to warm us when it’s not.
And for those few of you who STILL say “life’s a bitch”,
you can often choose.....your own life to ditch.
BUT think before you pull the trigger or cut yourself with knife,
‘cause, once you’re dead, you CAN NOT ……retrieve your life.
- - - - - - - - - - - -
PLUS: If you attempt suicide and fail,
you may find yourself crippled and/or in jail.
So be SURE you're sober and talk your problems out,
even if you have to LOUDLY shout!
(January 1+4, and March 15,2014)
Bri Edwards's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Depression: Some Advice..... [A Reminder and A Warning To All, Depressed or Not] by Bri Edwards )
Did you read them?
- थिरिँ बिरिँ #12, Ronjoy Brahma
- Wandering With Affliction, Donald R Charon
- थिरिँ बिरिँ #11, Ronjoy Brahma
- Thoughtful Interlude, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Another Look At Easter, Denis Martindale
- थिरिँ बिरिँ #10, Ronjoy Brahma
- Lost Love Redux, Robert Kane
- When I see u, dipa bhattacharyya
- This Flower, Rohit Sapra
- Pretend, dipa bhattacharyya
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Not Waving but Drowning, Stevie Smith
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Heather Burns