Nika McGuin Poems
- Earthling The wind blows a laden sigh yet comfortably, ...
- Philosopher's Wing As I passed the threshold a mysterious ...
- Right As Rain Right as rain they say but how can rain be ...
- We'Ve Met I'd say, I've never seen the sea but, I'm fibbing...
- Slice Of Life staring at a dry-erase board and I realize ...
- I Am Not Catholic I frequent this warm cinnamon bench at my ...
- Birds Of Paradise near a hidden nest acrobatic birds are ...
'I don't think I can ever stop writing poetry now that I've started. It's as therapeutic for me as it is enjoyable! ' ~Nika
Ello~ I'm Nika McGuin. I feel like I was born a poet, but it is only recently that I am tapping into it(though rest assured, I feel like becoming a great poet is a life-long ordeal.)
I attempted poetry in middle school but back then I didn't know that poetry was so much more than rhyming. Not to mention my handwriting was so bad nobody could understand it anyway(lol) . Eventually I gave up because it seemed like I wasn't very good at it.
Near the end of 2013 I took a modern poetry class out of curiosity and it has changed ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Nika McGuin
The wind blows a laden sigh
yet comfortably, unmovingly, here sit I
where some would become tense
I am lax, billowing like ribbons on a fence
Misty rain sprinkles her blessings
strangers race about, with their duckings and hidings
but I am the ground, happily being soaked
earth's pitcher - mouth open, uncloaked
An overly exuberant sun radiates above
it is what some brown folk, wish to stay out of
I too am brown, and like a cake - I taste better when baked
human, of the earth and on the earth our identity let us not forsake