Nika McGuin Poems
- Nothing Human Can Be Alien To ... I woke up one morning, and I...
- Empty Classroom enter the classroom of ghosts rows of ...
- Momma's Baby, Momma's Agony At one time she carried youth ...
- Birds Of Paradise near a hidden nest acrobatic birds are ...
- Magic Unveiled Children still know the secret spell the ...
- Ready & Waiting The banquet had ended about 30 minutes ...
- Complicated Amongst all the sadness and missing of other ...
'I don't think I can ever stop writing poetry now that I've started. It's as therapeutic for me as it is enjoyable! ' ~Nika
Ello~ I'm Nika McGuin. I feel like I was born a poet, but it is only recently that I am tapping into it(though rest assured, I feel like becoming a great poet is a life-long ordeal.)
I attempted poetry in middle school but back then I didn't know that poetry was so much more than rhyming. Not to mention my handwriting was so bad nobody could understand it anyway(lol) . Eventually I gave up because it seemed like I wasn't very good at it.
Near the end of 2013 I took a modern poetry class out of curiosity and it has changed ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Nika McGuin
Nothing Human Can Be Alien To Me
I woke up one morning, and I found
the world was full of addicts all around:
Then Maya Angelou told me about Terence's profound quote:
'Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto.'
'I am a human being, I consider nothing that is human alien to me.'
It has stuck with me ever since, as its truth echos thunder.
It means that we can't ever ...