Sandi J Holland
If you question my life today,
Ask me before I die.
Don't wait 'til flowers are on my grave.
Don't wait 'til you say goodbye.
You will not learn the answers why
From others to whom I was near.
Show your love by asking now,
By asking me while I'm here.
It matters not that you should care
Long after my chariot's gone.
It matters more that while I'm here,
And while I tarry on,
That you should ask and question me
In all of your loving care.
For while I'm here is when I need
To know your love is there.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Death Wish by Sandi J Holland )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Silence, Cheryl Griffith
- Freedom Is! (Regional Korea), Ronald Chapman
- a Poem Born in July, ronald stroman
- Peace, Jack Rolph
- Forget It! (Writers Block), Ronald Chapman
- Rapture, John Lars Zwerenz
- Speak up Luciana Berger MP, Barney Rooney
- Is this why Kurdistan?, Nassy Fesharaki
- A Filthy Creature, Shemsi Elsani
- Hear The Rain Typing, Kyle Schlicher