I hear you’re listening in on me.
How can that be?
I’m Just an American citizen.
I’m not a criminal.
I’m just an individual.
Trying to live the American dream,
So give me a break and go check out the neighbor down the street that screams Islam to his neighbors.
And just let me continue to dream, the free American dream.
By, the way, I know you heard that I need some cream for my morning coffee.
As you know the alarm goes off at seven.
I expect you not to be late.
For who knows the fate,
Of the post American dream.
America wakeup, they’re now getting into our morning coffee.
By, Patricia Kriegel-Kelley
Patricia Kelley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Dear NSA by Patricia Kelley )
- I Have Fallen In Deep, Lilly Emery
- Bramblehash, Luke J. Holt
- A Bare Night, Tony Adah
- That Special Feeling, Bill Cantrell
- The Pit Among Dreams, Lilly Emery
- Vietnam ~ Part 2, Sara Fielder
- Time, Mario,Lucien,Rene Odekerken
- The Search For Peace, david kush
- Without It Questioned, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Bane of Attraction, Anthony Edmond John