I hear you’re listening in on me.
How can that be?
I’m Just an American citizen.
I’m not a criminal.
I’m just an individual.
Trying to live the American dream,
So give me a break and go check out the neighbor down the street that screams Islam to his neighbors.
And just let me continue to dream, the free American dream.
By, the way, I know you heard that I need some cream for my morning coffee.
As you know the alarm goes off at seven.
I expect you not to be late.
For who knows the fate,
Of the post American dream.
America wakeup, they’re now getting into our morning coffee.
By, Patricia Kriegel-Kelley
Patricia Kelley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Dear NSA by Patricia Kelley )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Unintentional Existence: Repository Citr.., Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- Friendzone (Rap song), Clint Kingham
- The Marché Aux Puces And The Jardin Des .., William Daryl Hine
- The Lake, William Daryl Hine
- The Copper Beech, William Daryl Hine
- On This Rock, William Daryl Hine
- Last Words, William Daryl Hine
- Echo, William Daryl Hine
- Don Juan In Amsterdam, William Daryl Hine
- A Thousand Words, William Daryl Hine