I was such a sweet Daytona Charley,
Oh, but they hurt the Daytona Charley
Oh, call me crazy, Tornado Tommy
Oh, I'm so crazy to chase my dreams
but I made such a good Daytona Charley
Oh, why can't we seem to be who we wanna be?
Oh, Daytona Charley would be okay
Daytona Charley could get up without killing herself.
Oh, is this who I've got to be;
so far away from every part of me?
Oh, can't I even DIE beautifully?
Can't I ever find my side of peace?
Oh Baby, come remind me and re-wind me
and give me reason to live again
tell me I'm beautiful even when I'm ugly
see the beautiful in me
and I'll paint it and show it to you;
Baby, you know I'll paint you
and you'll paint me
into your sweet
Oh, Daytona was evil but that was okay,
you're all the sunshine I'll ever need
and who wants to be alone on an empty beach?
Who wants to be alone anyway?
Baby, I'll take this highway and find my way
home wherever that might be
and somewhere deep inside this shell
a little turtle lies awake,
(the kind they sold in Daytona
when I just wanted to have some pets)
and the turtle and the kitten are both the same;
and Baby, you know who the kitten is...
And my heart will lie awake and live for you
because if the turtle's heart stopped beating
so would mine, you see
So let me be your seagull's cries and let me be your turpentine butterfly
and keep the rain off this grave
and keep you safe, always safe
and deck the silver sand with waves
and when the CD shop falls asleep
I'll be your sky blue ibis,
I'll be your broken DJ,
I'll be your snow white sweet
Kelly Zion's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Daytona Charley by Kelly Zion )
- did the clergy man create chaos when the.., Mandolyn ...
- Path Of No Resistance, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- If Love... The This Follow...., Luis Estable
- Can This Be My Mistake, Luis Estable
- He was a carpenter. He worked with wood., Royston Allen
- An Open Mind, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.54, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.53, Monk E. Biz
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.52, Monk E. Biz
- That Kid Is Me, Luis Estable
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)