Her favorite recreation,
Without a day's vacation,
Or any hesitation,
To accept an invitation,
From the local population,
Of chatter-boxing squirrels.
She was like a copper penny,
An engaging dachshund pup,
Loving all her playthings,
But, oh, how she tore them up!
All the yard sale bears and rabbits,
All her friends with squeaky habits!
Her boundless animation,
Lifted spirits to elation,
This half-pint canine treasure,
Brought me greater pleasure,
Than any diamond ring or string of pearls,
Watching Copper Penny treeing all those squirrels!
Connie Yost's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Copper Penny by Connie Yost )
- Every Poem Reveals Another Kind Of Sadness, Shalom Freedman
- Gramophone- Erotic Haiku Poetry, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- Dangerous Attraction, Sandra Feldman
- Dogmatic is not charismatic, Aftab Alam
- The Soul Killer~, Monk E. Biz
- You are young, hasmukh amathalal
- Poetry, Jesus James Llorico
- Do not ask, hasmukh amathalal
- My View of Heaven, Von Kimball Barney
- Forlorn Child., Marcondes Pereira