Such an easy thing to overlook,
Judgment deep within,
Decisions made by the book,
Virtue has no kin.
Problems solved without a thought,
No argument involved,
Forget everything you’ve been taught,
Questions easily resolved.
Politicians heed this phrase,
The laws affect us all,
Is it difficult to change your ways?
No longer to enthrall.
It could be quite contagious,
Everyone thinking alike,
Not really so outrageous,
Not talking about Third Reich.
Common sense is basic instinct,
Practice started long ago,
Current pace is heading to extinct,
Reap what we should sow.
G.R. Gaus's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Common Sense by G.R. Gaus )
Did you read them?
- Floppy, Sidi J. Mahtrow
- -I Do Not Only Loving You-, Ali Sabry
- -How Can I Sleep Honey & I Left You Lone.., Ali Sabry
- - I love you so much from all my heart-, Ali Sabry
- - Come With Me My Lovely Princess-, Ali Sabry
- - I See You All The Rays Of The Sun-, Ali Sabry
- - You Taught Me A Lot Of Love-, Ali Sabry
- - When I Look At The Moon I Remember You.., Ali Sabry
- - When I Walk Alone In The Night I See Y.., Ali Sabry
- - There Isn't Impossible In Dreams & Love-, Ali Sabry
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- Being With You, Heather Burns
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Stefanie Fontker
- Heather Burns
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow