Such an easy thing to overlook,
Judgment deep within,
Decisions made by the book,
Virtue has no kin.
Problems solved without a thought,
No argument involved,
Forget everything you’ve been taught,
Questions easily resolved.
Politicians heed this phrase,
The laws affect us all,
Is it difficult to change your ways?
No longer to enthrall.
It could be quite contagious,
Everyone thinking alike,
Not really so outrageous,
Not talking about Third Reich.
Common sense is basic instinct,
Practice started long ago,
Current pace is heading to extinct,
Reap what we should sow.
G.R. Gaus's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Common Sense by G.R. Gaus )
- Bane of Attraction, Anthony Edmond John
- Wandersong, Neil Kennett
- Open Me Up, I'm Present, Luva Boy
- The Poem, Neil Kennett
- Arrival of Fall, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- I Want You Woman, Luva Boy
- Almost A White Horse, mary douglas
- The Tall Ride, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Paces, Neil Kennett
- ህድደን ዎርልድስ - Hidden Worlds, Is It Poetry