Such an easy thing to overlook,
Judgment deep within,
Decisions made by the book,
Virtue has no kin.
Problems solved without a thought,
No argument involved,
Forget everything you’ve been taught,
Questions easily resolved.
Politicians heed this phrase,
The laws affect us all,
Is it difficult to change your ways?
No longer to enthrall.
It could be quite contagious,
Everyone thinking alike,
Not really so outrageous,
Not talking about Third Reich.
Common sense is basic instinct,
Practice started long ago,
Current pace is heading to extinct,
Reap what we should sow.
G.R. Gaus's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Common Sense by G.R. Gaus )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- SYNC 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- First meeting, Kristopher DeLander
- Hope, Kristopher DeLander
- Silence Is A Beauty To Endure, Monk E. Biz
- Home, Kindred velarde
- Why? Why? Why?, Praghyanjali Pal
- I Cannot At Will Summon The Tone Of Beauty, Shalom Freedman
- O, God, Neela Nath
- The Seed of Greatness, Silas Egbowon
- Metamorphosis, Musfiq us shaleheen