Christians Should be Conquerors
Since you are a new creature in Christ Jesus,
Get rid of the old clothes,
Dress yourself as a true Christian.
Wearing the garment of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience,
Forgiving one another,
Not holding any grudges with sisters or brothers.
Rid yourself of anger, rage, malice, slander, filthy language and lying.
God's word to your life, you're now a new creature.
You should walk this earth with a godly character.
You have taken off the old.
And put on the new garment of righteousness.
Walk in blessedness.
Don't walk this world in sinful idleness.
You are the head and not the tail.
But, walk proudly as the Lion that roars inside of you.
Ready to conquer,
Not to be conquered.
Colossian 3: 7 You use to walk in these ways, in the life you once lived.
Patricia Kelley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Christians Should be Conquerors by Patricia Kelley )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Living Monuments, Edgar Albert Guest
- A Greeting, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Better Thing, Edgar Albert Guest
- Rain drop tears, Anita Jonker
- Spot, lee fones
- United, Edgar Albert Guest
- The Age Of Ink, Edgar Albert Guest
- Pretending Not To See, Edgar Albert Guest
- The World And Bud, Edgar Albert Guest
- What Makes An Artist, Edgar Albert Guest