Christians Should be Conquerors
Since you are a new creature in Christ Jesus,
Get rid of the old clothes,
Dress yourself as a true Christian.
Wearing the garment of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience,
Forgiving one another,
Not holding any grudges with sisters or brothers.
Rid yourself of anger, rage, malice, slander, filthy language and lying.
God's word to your life, you're now a new creature.
You should walk this earth with a godly character.
You have taken off the old.
And put on the new garment of righteousness.
Walk in blessedness.
Don't walk this world in sinful idleness.
You are the head and not the tail.
But, walk proudly as the Lion that roars inside of you.
Ready to conquer,
Not to be conquered.
Colossian 3: 7 You use to walk in these ways, in the life you once lived.
Patricia Kelley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Christians Should be Conquerors by Patricia Kelley )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(23 January 1930)
William Ernest Henley
(1849 - 1902)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Love After Love, Derek Walcott
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Be Kind, Charles Bukowski
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- All Just A Game, Spiritwind Wood
- Forever Black, Spiritwind Wood
- For the Love of Your Life, Sandra Feldman
- Flame Of My Soul, Spiritwind Wood
- Inside, Spiritwind Wood
- Until You Look Through My Eyes, Spiritwind Wood
- In the Span of Life, R B Seals
- Controlling The Narrative, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Hallucinated, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Livng In Fear To Live Life, Lawrence S. Pertillar