Christians Should be Conquerors
Since you are a new creature in Christ Jesus,
Get rid of the old clothes,
Dress yourself as a true Christian.
Wearing the garment of compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience,
Forgiving one another,
Not holding any grudges with sisters or brothers.
Rid yourself of anger, rage, malice, slander, filthy language and lying.
God's word to your life, you're now a new creature.
You should walk this earth with a godly character.
You have taken off the old.
And put on the new garment of righteousness.
Walk in blessedness.
Don't walk this world in sinful idleness.
You are the head and not the tail.
But, walk proudly as the Lion that roars inside of you.
Ready to conquer,
Not to be conquered.
Colossian 3: 7 You use to walk in these ways, in the life you once lived.
Patricia Kelley's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Christians Should be Conquerors by Patricia Kelley )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- The Unabridged Treaty, Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Fron(t) s, Leylek D. Sovura
- Ode to the Old and Tired, tallulah montegue
- What Sort of Judges Are They Who Conside.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Morning Kiss, Matt Mooney
- A Conservative Guardian Can Only Do Hono.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Just For Blasphemy, One Is Killing Anoth.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Somtimes, tallulah montegue
- I cannot Forget You, tallulah montegue
- Haiku: Gravity Too, Brian Johnston