Cats Belong in Copenhagen
Of their burden
To remain sober.
One heard them sing
Near the yellow taxis
And Post Office.
Was paid a quarter
For each note
Sung on key.
With the quarters
They purchased whiskey.
That dripped from their whiskers
Into a pothole
Next to a sewer grate.
Under their breath.
But the Alley-Cat
A drunken minstrel!
High off their innocence.
So the quarters kept coming
Along with the pity.
A.j. Binash's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Cats Belong in Copenhagen by A.j. Binash )
- Life is a chasing game,, Aftab Alam
- The midnight scream, Harold R Hunt Sr
- It calls your name., Harold R Hunt Sr
- Dogs, Cinzia Wills
- Interminable Wanderer, Cinzia Wills
- The Sky, Harold R Hunt Sr
- That part of your heart, Rolfy Dsilva
- The letter puzzle., Harold R Hunt Sr
- I am Sorry, Md. Ziaul Haque
- If it wasn't for country music, Harold R Hunt Sr
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Sonnet I, Sir John Suckling
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- One Art, Elizabeth Bishop
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Albert Guest
(20 August 1881 - 5 August 1959)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)