But God I Really Love Him
Heavenly Father, Lord of Hosts,
Holy Spirit, Comfortor and Friend,
Sweet Sweet Jesus, Lord over all...
I come humbly on my knee, my heart bleeding before you,
My body aching, shaking,
My eyes stinging like nettle..
My nose watery from the wailing of my heart.
Shock to my heart, my dedicated, devoted, loyal love,
Stolen...held captive by an amazing man,
A hero, a healer, a wise man, and man of honor
The man I would die for....
And so here I am Lord....
Dying for him....
Every second, every minute, every hour...
I am dying for him...
For his happiness...
For his future,
For his family...
For his Righteous sake...
For the love I hold in deep in my heart for him...
I die...I die willingly,
I die a thousand deaths just for him...
For his honor....for his valor....
My Love protects him...esteems him...carries him...
Carries him in my heart and very soul
Thank you Lord for dying for me...
And you ask we die daily for Jesus
You say....when we really love someone...
we are willing to die for them
And so I die...and I died yesterday,
And I died the days before...
It seems all I do in my life is just die...
When will I be loved? Chersihed? Adored? Wanted?
Dying hurts Father....it hurts so terribly...
Please bring me home to be with you...
Free of pain and suffering...free of others lies and manipulations
I lay here Lord and once again....I fill your ocean with my salty tears
I fill it willingly
I fill it with great Honor and Priveledge
I fill it fearfully and wonderfully as you created it
I thank you Lord for the time I had to love him...
To cherish him...to be touched by him
Blessed amoung women I am!
For I was touched by an angel...
Why....did he have to go? .
Cambridge Keenan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (But God I Really Love Him by Cambridge Keenan )
- Thank You KP, Michael McParland
- Paranoia, Jacob Mikael Matuszczak
- This is the only story of life, Aftab Alam
- Writing, Jacob Mikael Matuszczak
- Little Experience, Karen Verdello
- Lunch, Karen Verdello
- Within The Heart, Naveed Akram
- Beige Cage, Karen Verdello
- Tus sueños en tu vida, Elizabeth Garcia
- The House Next Door, Karen Verdello
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Thanksgiving Wish To You My Love, Thad Wilk
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Alfred Lord Tennyson
(6 August 1809 – 6 October 1892)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)