BONDS OF LOVE
A piece of you, a piece of me keeps it stronger.
Little shoulders of huge makes it better,
If there be any bond, only love can make it last longer.
A hand in full was a sign of assurance in passion,
Your mind with me was the reliance in action.
If there be any joy in us, only love can be the affection.
My place in you was the heart you laid in mind,
Your trust in me was the heart I left behind.
If there be any bond, only love can blow the wind.
Nothing heals the soul than flowing love in streams,
Unlike a sailing boat my heart was heavy carrying the beams.
In the length of days, only our love could know the dreams.
Grace was the word they said could make it right,
God in eternity was the one to bring the light.
But our bonds of love can only be guided in His sight.
Siegfried OheneSidza's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (BONDS OF LOVE by Siegfried OheneSidza )
- The Lass Of Alberry, Julian Mann
- The truant.., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- All Is This World, Gbolagade Taiwo
- Feeling Alive, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Reactions To A Poem, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Examinations, abhi mangla
- 21 Years Gone By, Edward Kofi Louis
- Corruption, abhi mangla
- Nature, abhi mangla
- Mate, legitimate!, Edward Kofi Louis
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Autumn Song, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)