BONDS OF LOVE
A piece of you, a piece of me keeps it stronger.
Little shoulders of huge makes it better,
If there be any bond, only love can make it last longer.
A hand in full was a sign of assurance in passion,
Your mind with me was the reliance in action.
If there be any joy in us, only love can be the affection.
My place in you was the heart you laid in mind,
Your trust in me was the heart I left behind.
If there be any bond, only love can blow the wind.
Nothing heals the soul than flowing love in streams,
Unlike a sailing boat my heart was heavy carrying the beams.
In the length of days, only our love could know the dreams.
Grace was the word they said could make it right,
God in eternity was the one to bring the light.
But our bonds of love can only be guided in His sight.
Siegfried OheneSidza's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (BONDS OF LOVE by Siegfried OheneSidza )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Odia Poem- To Apekshyare mu, Jitendra seth
- आंनि बोरै गोरोन्थि जाखो, Ronjoy Brahma
- Odia Poem- JHADA, Jitendra seth
- Gratitude, Mallika Achuthan Menon
- My Thoughts, Michael P. McParland
- Impact of snow climate., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- My limbs, gajanan mishra
- PARUI POLICE BRUTALITY, Bireswar Halder
- Sacred Kailas, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- VIRTUAL POET FRIENDS, Philo Yan