Behold! ! ! I Give You Power
At first, it was a friend that drove him into the mud.
It was the misery that broke his silent scream.
He felt nothing but discomfort in the pleasures of his heart.
His thoughts were empty and noisy with footsteps.
His life was bruised with torture and shame.
The needless drips of his desires left a scar in the heart of his mother.
His selfish ambitions brought darkness to his household.
The tunnel of good hopes left his room,
And the vessel of brutal fate was a rest in his chamber.
There was nothing peaceful to his sight,
Only words from an angered soul and utterances from the abyss.
He lost his hope for life and the title in the wrestle for his life.
Later, he met a man whiles climbing the ladder to his dreams.
He gave him something that could revive him to survive in the fight.
Behold! The power to turn curses into blessings,
The power to change your destiny from the worst to the best,
The power to live than to die,
And the power to restore than to destroy
He heard a voice that sounded like his mother saying;
BEHOLD! I GIVE YOU POWER.
Siegfried OheneSidza's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Behold! ! ! I Give You Power by Siegfried OheneSidza )
- Whispers Of Ancient Parables, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Unanswerable 3, Frank Avon
- Being Enlightened, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Unanswerable 2, Frank Avon
- Unanswerable 1, Frank Avon
- As wrong as right, Cee Bea
- Incense On Fire, sallam yassin
- The Canine, Justin Reamer
- Remaining In The Shadows, brandy taffner
- Pride and Devotion, R B Seals
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)