They cradle in fear and made the people live in tear.
Speeches were in sorrow as thoughts were in marrow.
In the passing nights, shadows could only walk in heights,
When all the faces were forced into their hidden traces.
All that they sought after, was to see the mirror in laughter.
In their forced labour, others were lead into gross favour,
Nothing could hamper their thoughts only how they stammer.
Believing in the best but yet was denied by the rest.
A stunt mirror they looked up to but was a place of terror.
Though the mirror be broken, it was a life that nearly was stolen.
To be broken is not to be stricken but to be sorry is not a worry.
Life as an image in a mirror needs to be cared from the rage.
If not handled with care can easily lead to despair.
Everybody wants to win the war but only patience can open the door.
A broken mirror has many faces but a stolen mirror has a broken race.
Siegfried OheneSidza's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (BROKEN MIRROR by Siegfried OheneSidza )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(10 February 1970-)
(27 December 1797 – 15 February 1869)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Carpe Diem, Naveed Khalid
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Tumhe main Peyar Nehi de, Kumar Vishwas
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
- Main To Jhonka Hu Hava Ka Ura Le Jaunga, Kumar Vishwas
Poem of the Day
- The PH Forum Ru-Ku Trifecta..., Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- You Never Know, Ifthekar Ifthi
- The Real Fruit, Nash Thomas
- Promise And Possibility, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Poem N10, Kristian Djordjanov
- Poem N9, Kristian Djordjanov
- Misunderstood, LLDr. Gyd
- Poem N8, Kristian Djordjanov
- Poem N7, Kristian Djordjanov
- Twilight of Love, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan