They cradle in fear and made the people live in tear.
Speeches were in sorrow as thoughts were in marrow.
In the passing nights, shadows could only walk in heights,
When all the faces were forced into their hidden traces.
All that they sought after, was to see the mirror in laughter.
In their forced labour, others were lead into gross favour,
Nothing could hamper their thoughts only how they stammer.
Believing in the best but yet was denied by the rest.
A stunt mirror they looked up to but was a place of terror.
Though the mirror be broken, it was a life that nearly was stolen.
To be broken is not to be stricken but to be sorry is not a worry.
Life as an image in a mirror needs to be cared from the rage.
If not handled with care can easily lead to despair.
Everybody wants to win the war but only patience can open the door.
A broken mirror has many faces but a stolen mirror has a broken race.
Siegfried OheneSidza's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (BROKEN MIRROR by Siegfried OheneSidza )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- there's a pretty plum sky and then there.., Mandolyn ...
- Revealed, John Onyeme
- Groom is the Cadaver, Pintu Mahakul
- Sleep deprived, Matthew Holloway
- More Than Just Memories, David Whalen
- Legacy, Matthew Holloway
- EVERY ACTION HAS ITS REACTION لكل فعل رد.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Hatred Is Black, Rich Reitz
- EVERY ACTION ITS REACTION لكل فعل ردة فعله, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Happiness Is Gold, Rich Reitz