Hand in hand they raced,
creating a world of their own
where the roads laid low, narrow,
leading towards the farthest star near the moon.
This world failed to change
for it was born from the green their house was built
and rose with the sun,
into a labyrinth of masked secrets.
Running down the paths built.
Through plush carpet
or even shredded crystals,
they never slowed down, never stopped.
Fighting through scorching summers
when the sun would be fierce
enough to leave scars
from sandy battles by the beach.
Surviving the winter kisses
of snow that would prick
their rosy cheeks
after nuclear wars
with friendly enemies.
Time held no meaning,
for the hand on the clock
became a digital number
that ran out of battery
in their wonderland.
Back to back they traced each others steps,
living off the smiles they shared.
They had adventures that no other would have imagined.
Through innocent promises
they stitched up their own nightfall
under which they could rest their eyes
into a new slumber;
where they would meet to create a whole new paradise
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Bloodline by Alejandra Berber )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- First Memory of Urinals, Roger A. Rose
- Time heals, salma. torrez
- A cowardly disguise, Cheryl Butler
- Are Farm Animals Like Humans? ……. [spe.., Bri Edwards
- Vows Broken, The Zentire World Missed L.., Monk E. Biz
- ONE MORE TIME, Romeo Della Valle
- Why Must You Own Me?, Monk E. Biz
- Crescent Cradle, Saiom Shriver
- Flowers Do Eventually Wilt, Hazel Durham
- No se amor, Sergio Jaime