Delivered a rebel that resented himself. Complicated taste but some called me a picky eater. Life style started as a trouble maker only due to no man of the house to set him straight. Labelled enough times probably too many to count. By no means delusional, abstract individual reminiscent over the full course of his life. Hungry for the freedom to choose what I am entitled to.
Life's circumstances upsetted him, he couldn't stomach not being able. Courtsides where education was taught over a game of pick up. Decifering how they crossover to better suburbs with less problems that held a tight grip on my family. Other's mean looks and cruel acts kept him distant on simple grounds that he was black.
The struggle of being urself is hard enough. Constraints are intangible, and people tend to zone out people who aren't a reflection of themselves. Abstract thoughts that those closest couldn't fathom. Instructors can't keep my attention for more than a few minutes. A.D.D. at times but never diagnosed. During class my crises manifest, and immediately I seize ways to solve or surpress them.
Alex Kenneh's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Black Maybe by Alex Kenneh )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Samuel Taylor Coleridge
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Rainer Maria Rilke
(4 December 1875 – 29 December 1926)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- XVII (I do not love you...), Pablo Neruda
- The Criminal V, Khalil Gibran
Poem of the Day
- leaving the dream ajar, Mandolyn ...
- Androids in my Dream, Rachel Nichols
- The Day Before Christmas 1968, Kyle Schlicher
- Tocaña, Nassy Fesharaki
- Haze your Dream, Antonio Liao
- With gun yielding, hasmukh amathalal
- Along with many, hasmukh amathalal
- No other culture, hasmukh amathalal
- A Splendor Beauty, Hanh Chau
- With all, hasmukh amathalal