Look at her, she’s desperate
She’s feeling the heat in her black gown.
The once promising and wonderful world
World full of happiness and hopefulness
Has drastically drowned her.
Now she yells unhealthy yawns
And smells poverty and pity.
In her hey-days, many eyes and hearts
Eyes and hearts of unknown foes and friends
Used to express be-healthier wishes
But since she’s in a black widow gown
The eyes shed crocodile tears for her sorrows
And the hearts sadistically mourn for her pain.
Lauwo George's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Black Gown by Lauwo George )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Mr. Mountain, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Dear father, Missau Missau
- Phenomenal Cover of Beauties, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- Anecdote of a Neglected Man, Zillur Rahman Shuvro
- COPLA 86 INVOCATION: This Bad Guy World, T (no first name) Wignesan
- Mbaitoli, Missau Missau
- An Evergreen's Aubade, Maurice Whyte
- The Love Of God, BRENDA KANSHABE TUMUSHABE
- A SHADOW IN DAKNESS, ROCHISH MON
- Flaming Desire, Pijush Biswas