Be you to yourself
I'd rather be none-existant to the world and existant to myself, then to be existant to the world and not myself...
Never feel the need to prove yoself to anyone, because that simply means you were and are never good enough to begin with, so ask yoself, 'are u good enuf'?
Never let any wrong decision you've made define who you are and what u stand for...
Its not the world u need proving to, the mirror has already aclaimed that role
Kgagamatso Chimelwane's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Be you to yourself by Kgagamatso Chimelwane )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Henry David Thoreau
(12 July 1817 – 6 May 1862)
Poem of the Day
- Not necessarily, hasmukh amathalal
- I embrace my pen, gajanan mishra
- Loveless Love, Paul Hartal
- But vicinty, hasmukh amathalal
- Past Writing, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Still Small Voice, Leong Ming Loong
- Gap and divide, hasmukh amathalal
- Love Is Hard, Is It Poetry
- Mulugkhw..., Swrji Basumatary
- Being Entertained By Nature, RoseAnn V. Shawiak