Bathing in warm water...
Bathing in warm water
Rekindles in me
All the warmth of my childhood!
Even today, on this cold rainy day,
As the warm water slithered through my limbs
A rapture transported me
Back to my olden days,
Steamed with my father’s love,
For it was he who bathed me
When I was a kid.
What feeling, what delight,
And what forgetfulness I felt
When the warmth enveloped
My painful nakedness,
Even now, when the chill of life’s agonies
And painful isolation
Make me shiver,
I go back to my bath
For an ablution
In the warmth of water,
Nay, in the warmth of love!
abhilash fraizer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Bathing in warm water... by abhilash fraizer )
- War Undressed, Dilantha Gunawardana
- hope, SALINI NAIR
- Writing Is Like Human Sex, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- VARIETIES OF FOODS انواع من الاطعمة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- To Jean Redpath, mary douglas
- ...A LOVE SONG, Ken e Hall
- The destiny, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Chibok Girls, Murtaza Micky Yusuf
- Sab bhar kiya tha..., Azhar Sabri
- Taqraar mohabbat me..., Azhar Sabri