Between the islands
A raindrop fell between us.
And swelled between us;
And we became two islands
With a river running between us.
Every morning, in the river
I saw your eyes, swollen with tears.
And I wished I had a boat
To sail across the river
And haven on your shores.
Or rather the rain pours to the full,
Drowning my island and yours
And make us one, one single Sea!
abhilash fraizer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Between the islands by abhilash fraizer )
- थिरिँ बिरिँ #45, Ronjoy Brahma
- To invasion, hasmukh amathalal
- समनि बान्दो, Ronjoy Brahma
- Last Visit To My Friend, Joyce wolayo
- MEP interrogation, Over The Moon
- Whole, Abyssinian Queen
- मेगनआव, Ronjoy Brahma
- ‘Tis permitted Us Nay, Emmanuel George Cefai
- Dilapidated house, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The violin plays, Emmanuel George Cefai
Poem of the Day
Robert Laurence Binyon
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Hans Christian Andersen
(2 April 1805 – 4 August 1875)
(21 May 1855 – 27 November 1916)