Hymn to the Night
O Night, the darkest of my friends!
I've just tears to give you!
If you ask for more and plead
I've a heartful of sighs too!
Yet, never think that I am thankless
For thy priceless caresses and solace,
For the soft hummings of thy breeze,
And for thy blissful misty silence.
To the day I have given all I have;
And nothing is left when I come to you!
Tears, tears and tears alone
I pour out into thy dark feeble hands.
Yet, not a word of complaining
Slips out of thy dark blue lips.
You know, darkest of my friends,
That at last only tears are left for you!
abhilash fraizer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Hymn to the Night by abhilash fraizer )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Remember This., richard harris
- Animals are there, gajanan mishra
- Someday, Johnny Goyena
- Girl, He Never Loved You, Ronell Warren Alman
- Writing on the wall, Nassy Fesharaki
- The Poetry of Onkar Nath Gupta, Bijay Kant Dubey
- So sorry, gajanan mishra
- My Dream Tonight, Wilfred Mellers
- To Joyce, Roger A. Rose
- Miriam's danse, Dimitri Khokhlov