B.Pasternak, The chance - translation (rus.)
By Boris Pasternak
In ten o'clock, along the left side, while going from Strastnoi [boulevard] -
On the wet facades there're no any signboard.
The honoured enterprises - but the street (from dream having gone out!) -
The screens were carried away, considered to be clogs.
The drapers, 'C.Я' - the sons of the drapers
(The window leafs are closed tightly, the clerks are absent) .
The Tverskaya street is sleeping deep, only the end
Of its dream is put out as a hand.
And to that hand the Pushkin's monument is bending his lips -
And that's the case for forthcoming duel,
When somebody from new [boys] sends her an air kiss,
Lightly waving with a blizzard.
Firstly, he remembers the beginning of the immortality moment
Just after the duel, on returning home.
It's hard to wean this out. Secondly, thirdly
She's from Goncharov's family, their friend joint.
Lyudmila Purgina's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (B.Pasternak, The chance - translation (rus.) by Lyudmila Purgina )
- Things that change, Emmanuel George Cefai
- The Lottery, Steve Kittell
- What's not there, Anjali Lal Gupta
- On Tippy Toes, Donal Mahoney
- आबौ, Ronjoy Brahma
- Death's Breath, Justin Reamer
- MOTHER, Pankti Vadalia
- Dead Brother's Note to Our Dad, Donal Mahoney
- Uncertainty, Justin Reamer
- Silent Tears, Justin Reamer
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- My Love Is Like To Ice, Edmund Spenser
(July 15 1964)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)