B.Pasternak, The chance - translation (rus.)
By Boris Pasternak
In ten o'clock, along the left side, while going from Strastnoi [boulevard] -
On the wet facades there're no any signboard.
The honoured enterprises - but the street (from dream having gone out!) -
The screens were carried away, considered to be clogs.
The drapers, 'C.Я' - the sons of the drapers
(The window leafs are closed tightly, the clerks are absent) .
The Tverskaya street is sleeping deep, only the end
Of its dream is put out as a hand.
And to that hand the Pushkin's monument is bending his lips -
And that's the case for forthcoming duel,
When somebody from new [boys] sends her an air kiss,
Lightly waving with a blizzard.
Firstly, he remembers the beginning of the immortality moment
Just after the duel, on returning home.
It's hard to wean this out. Secondly, thirdly
She's from Goncharov's family, their friend joint.
Lyudmila Purgina's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (B.Pasternak, The chance - translation (rus.) by Lyudmila Purgina )
- Epistle to the Rev. John M'Math, Robert Burns
- Lord Gregory: A Ballad, Robert Burns
- The Winter it is Past, Robert Burns
- NIT jalandhar diyan galan(punjai), jagmeet singh
- Epistle to William Simson, Robert Burns
- Farewell to Eliza, Robert Burns
- The Kirk of Scotland's Alarm: A Ballad, Robert Burns
- Impromptu on Dumourier's Desertion of th.., Robert Burns
- I Love my Love in Secret, Robert Burns
- Impromptu on Mrs. Riddell's Birthday, Robert Burns
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Emmonsail's Heath in Winter, John Clare
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Best Friend (In Hindi), Tavneet Singh
- The Frog and The Nightingale, Vikram Seth
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)