B.Pasternak, The feasts - translation (rus.)
By Boris Pasternak
I drink the bitterness of tuberoses, of the autumn skies, as well,
And your betrayals' burning jet - in them,
I drink the bitterness of evenings, nights, of the meetings' rave,
And bitterness of the crying moist strophe's dwell.
The studio offsprings, we neglect the soberness.
We fight with all the stable payment, life-piece.
The anxious wind of nights - with a cupbearer of wassails,
Of hopes, which are hardly to be incarnated in.
Heredity and death - are guests on our feasts.
When in a silent dawn - the tops of trees are burning -
In a rusk-cup, as a mouse, delves the anapeast,
And Sinderella, hasting, changes her gown.
The floors are broomed, on the tablecloth - no crumble.
As a child's kiss - the verse breathes easily,
And Sinderella runs - in days of luck on a brougham,
But when the last coin passed - on her two feet.
Lyudmila31 Purgina's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (B.Pasternak, The feasts - translation (rus.) by Lyudmila Purgina )
- Gans Veer, Madrason writer
- Be What You Are, Lilly Emery
- The abrupt end., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Native land., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- Believe in Yourself Worth, Lilly Emery
- Odd One Out, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- Do without It, Anirudh Rawat
- Don't Be Afraid, Lilly Emery
- Be, Andy Caldwell
- Tree saplings., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Conclusion, Sir Walter Raleigh
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Heather Burns
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)