T (no first name) Wignesan
Ascent Into Love, Translation Of Carlos Bousono's Poem: Subida Al Amor
Pay attention to the airs, Solitary Soul!
Sad soul which goes whimpering all alone.
Rise up, mount! Love awaits you!
The summit looms high. Limit the harness!
Fluttering, trembling and pale,
I see you mounting with your force held back.
The sun returns where, until yesterday, the moon reigned.
The moon arrives where yesterday blew the north wind.
At last, life shines forth with light.
At last, death is dealt a deadly blow by light.
The summits sing, and so do the valleys. Sing!
those who’re always alive to those who never die!
Face to face together with God’s: listen
to the airs vibrating and live your dreams!
Life together with life, light bound up with loving light
and the humane heaven bound with love in heaven.
Lower the light of love, the light of life.
I feel with ease the minuteness of airs.
Let the light of God dissolve in that of the soul!
How clear it all becomes at once. What silence!
T (no first name) Wignesan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
sounds very much like being his declaration of « love » with life or rather his « testament » of love. A good many of the poems selected by A. D. Amusco in his anthology: Poésia Antologia 1945-1993 have been revised by the poet, himself.
© T. Wignesan – Paris, 2013
Comments about this poem (Ascent Into Love, Translation Of Carlos Bousono's Poem: Subida Al Amor by T (no first name) Wignesan )
- Only in Vegas, Angela K Brown
- Morning, Angela K Brown
- Shifting Afternoon, Angela K Brown
- Song of Solomon, Angela K Brown
- The watcher is watched, Christopher Withers
- I Will Still Love You, Sandra Feldman
- Born Too Many Times, Oduro Bright Amoh
- Self Examination, Phil Soar
- Life's Prison, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- One Enchanted Garden, Sandra Feldman
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(8 August 1884 – 29 January 1933)