T (no first name) Wignesan
Ascent Into Love, Translation Of Carlos Bousono's Poem: Subida Al Amor
Pay attention to the airs, Solitary Soul!
Sad soul which goes whimpering all alone.
Rise up, mount! Love awaits you!
The summit looms high. Limit the harness!
Fluttering, trembling and pale,
I see you mounting with your force held back.
The sun returns where, until yesterday, the moon reigned.
The moon arrives where yesterday blew the north wind.
At last, life shines forth with light.
At last, death is dealt a deadly blow by light.
The summits sing, and so do the valleys. Sing!
those who’re always alive to those who never die!
Face to face together with God’s: listen
to the airs vibrating and live your dreams!
Life together with life, light bound up with loving light
and the humane heaven bound with love in heaven.
Lower the light of love, the light of life.
I feel with ease the minuteness of airs.
Let the light of God dissolve in that of the soul!
How clear it all becomes at once. What silence!
T (no first name) Wignesan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
sounds very much like being his declaration of « love » with life or rather his « testament » of love. A good many of the poems selected by A. D. Amusco in his anthology: Poésia Antologia 1945-1993 have been revised by the poet, himself.
© T. Wignesan – Paris, 2013
Comments about this poem (Ascent Into Love, Translation Of Carlos Bousono's Poem: Subida Al Amor by T (no first name) Wignesan )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Conscientious Objector, Edna St. Vincent Millay
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- life never lived, Habib Imtiaz Kinkhabwala
- Reality to be face, Habib Imtiaz Kinkhabwala
- Lovers of the sun, Tony md chamasense
- A Lucky Penny, Hebert Logerie
- A Letter for a Broken Hearted, Reagan A. Latumbo
- Allure And Mystique, Margaret Alice Second
- Beware, Tony md chamasense
- Longing., Jak Black
- Summer Nights, Deborah Ager
- The Old House, Paul Gerard Reed