T (no first name) Wignesan
Ascent Into Love, Translation Of Carlos Bousono's Poem: Subida Al Amor
Pay attention to the airs, Solitary Soul!
Sad soul which goes whimpering all alone.
Rise up, mount! Love awaits you!
The summit looms high. Limit the harness!
Fluttering, trembling and pale,
I see you mounting with your force held back.
The sun returns where, until yesterday, the moon reigned.
The moon arrives where yesterday blew the north wind.
At last, life shines forth with light.
At last, death is dealt a deadly blow by light.
The summits sing, and so do the valleys. Sing!
those who’re always alive to those who never die!
Face to face together with God’s: listen
to the airs vibrating and live your dreams!
Life together with life, light bound up with loving light
and the humane heaven bound with love in heaven.
Lower the light of love, the light of life.
I feel with ease the minuteness of airs.
Let the light of God dissolve in that of the soul!
How clear it all becomes at once. What silence!
T (no first name) Wignesan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
sounds very much like being his declaration of « love » with life or rather his « testament » of love. A good many of the poems selected by A. D. Amusco in his anthology: Poésia Antologia 1945-1993 have been revised by the poet, himself.
© T. Wignesan – Paris, 2013
Comments about this poem (Ascent Into Love, Translation Of Carlos Bousono's Poem: Subida Al Amor by T (no first name) Wignesan )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1498 - 1546)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Alone And Drinking Under The Moon, Li Po
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
Poem of the Day
- Fire brand - Judge, gajanan mishra
- One grid, hasmukh amathalal
- 'Lefty', Robert Eckstein
- Seek in grace, hasmukh amathalal
- Mist of thought, Aftab Alam
- Cast Off, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Need to maintain, hasmukh amathalal
- Fresh Threats, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Using everything, gajanan mishra
- For You To Keep Deep, Lawrence S. Pertillar