Angel in Transit
I arrived at the airport under dark
Overcast skies. I had a night flight to catch
From Amsterdam to Budapest.
And as I waited
Through the small hours,
The Schiphol Airport
Became quite deserted.
I felt lonely and sad.
My wife just died
And I was depressed.
I waited for my plane
In an almost empty waiting room
When suddenly, to my great surprise,
A pretty young woman seated herself
Next to my chair.
I found this rather strange
Because all the benches around us
Were unoccupied and I wondered
Why she chose to sit nearby.
She was silent but I started to talk to her.
After a while I told her my story
And she began to comfort me
With warm and compassionate words.
At some point I gathered courage
And asked her why she sat next to me.
She looked at me with a gentle smile and said:
'I don't know'.
Yet I felt a mysterious presence
And in her eyes I saw glowing diamond rays
Of solace, tenderness and love.
She stayed there for about 20 or 25 minutes.
Then she rose, gave me a hug, kissed my face
And walked away to board a plane.
Paul Hartal's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Angel in Transit by Paul Hartal )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Blessing of Begetting Children (Section7.., rajendran muthiah
- Animal rights., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- O Fanantic, I Can Se It, Bijay Kant Dubey
- O Man, Where Will You Go With Your Funda.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Gently Stirs The Breeze, Rondeau, Captain Cur
- She, Maya Hanson (mye3 poet)
- Back To The Beginning, Maya Hanson (mye3 poet)
- Honour Killing, What Will You Get Killin.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The bark, Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- This Is India, Here A Village Fool Can A.., Bijay Kant Dubey