An Unassuming Life
Yesterday was just another day,
Can’t remember what I’d done?
Passing storm, then blew away,
Making way for summer’s sun.
Today was just another day,
Things went much the same,
Did some work, time for play,
Always, inventing a game.
Tomorrow should be another day,
What’s in store? Haven’t a clue,
If I shall wake, come what may,
In life, I’m passing through.
Simple as the bird, who sings,
Knowing not the reason why,
How to fly upon their wings,
They naturally learn to rely.
G.R. Gaus's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (An Unassuming Life by G.R. Gaus )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
Poem of the Day
- Passion and Risks, UMBELINA FROTA Linhares Pime ..
- Snip!, Lawrence Beck
- Today I learned that I am an orphan - Th.., Dee Jay
- To Glorify Jesus, Tom Zart
- I only scribed dirge but she killed thee.., Sir Toby Moses
- I only scribed a dirge but she killed th.., Sir Toby Moses
- Imitation., Tony Adah
- Stupid Wife, kassem oude
- Suicide Note., Tony Adah
- Everything Nothing, Ruby Honeytip