An Idealist's Vision
A perfect world, a hiding place,
Left alone, to dwell in peace,
Creating dreams, in secret space,
And harmony, will never cease.
Drifting clouds, o're mountains high,
Softly floating, billowing bright,
Forming mushrooms, an endless sky,
As empty air, engulfs the night.
Sailing solo, on wings of the sea,
A hundred miles, from distant shore,
Deepened soul, yearning free,
Deep below, dark ocean floor.
Imagine space, no time exists,
Billions of stars, fill the eyes,
Effortless motion, nothing resists,
Infinity journey's, the galaxy skies.
A being on earth, a perfect world,
Alone to dwell, a secret space,
Spinning dreams, endlessly whirled,
Left in peace, a hiding place.
G.R. Gaus's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (An Idealist's Vision by G.R. Gaus )
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
Percy Bysshe Shelley
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)