America of Our Dreams
I am not in Africa
But Africa is in me,
Africa lies in my blood,
Where I was brought
up, amidst this rot;
This rot that had eaten deep
Into the heart of my Africa.
If we could right this wrong
Then we could make of Africa,
The America of our dreams.
Efe Benjamin's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (America of Our Dreams by Efe Benjamin )
- What Makes A Man A Man, John Masaitis
- Is It My Poetry's Nadir?, Dr John Celes
- Resolute Me, S. I. Rednow
- The Life Of A Junkie, John Masaitis
- falling in love after love fell for us, Mandolyn ...
- Birth Of A Boy, John Masaitis
- A Toast to Love, Sara Militello
- Overcoming obstacles, Gerry Legister
- Easy, Curtis Brown
- The Bed, John Foster