Amazing Willow Tree
On the banks of a flowing brook
Or a shining still silver lake
We find a beautiful tree fresh
And green with drooping branches.
Willow tree it is, Salix babylonica
We know it as weeping willow
Gracefully simple and simply graceful
Quietly absorbing pain of the world.
All tree lovers love the tree
It gets lively green in a hurry
Its leaves hang from slender strings
Like bold brush strokes sweeping down.
Immortal impressionist Claude Monet
Painted the tree reflected in the lotus pond
By the oriental bridge that connected
Man's imagination from here to eternity.
Amazing weeping willow I feel inspired
I keep count of every one on my way
Repeating the process every day and this
Poem's a tribute to the marvelous tree.
Tirupathi Chandrupatla's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Amazing Willow Tree by Tirupathi Chandrupatla )
Did you read them?
- In Egoless Silence We Bore..., Mr. Nobody
- Pleasure Of Desire, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- It is all true, gajanan mishra
- Poet Persona and YOU, which is which?, Mr. Nobody
- Saturated, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I would never hurt you, The Princess is
- One Mode of Mortal Devotion, William Park
- Glow worm, Mark Heathcote
- FOOT STEPS, Harold R Hunt Sr
- The Highest Human Virtue Surprisingly Is.., Mr. Nobody
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow