I am trying hard to understand,
I hope I have this right.
You want to be a distant friend,
and not a couple day and night.
You like the way your life is going,
probably golf and all things fun,
you may even have someone special,
which makes for a brighter sun.
I'm so happy that you're smiling,
every day, like you deserve,
I will admit the information
threw me for a curve.
But when I think how much I love you,
and truly always will,
that means I want the best for you,
as in a daffodil.
Smile plenty, and a lot of golf,
kiss those beautiful kids of yours.
You have a lot of life left,
remember you had one who adores.
Lilyann Monahan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Adores by Lilyann Monahan )
- I'll Be Holding You, Josep Rodriguez
- No One Came, David Harris
- she, Surendra Negi
- Meant To Be, Mark Arvizu
- Trembling Thirst, Mantu Mahakul
- Final Truth, Mantu Mahakul
- The Sower And the Seed, George Egba
- Garden capers, Mark Heathcote
- Controlling the five senses leads one to.., Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- Buried in my chest, Meena Mustafa
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(22 August 1893 - 7 June 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)