I am trying hard to understand,
I hope I have this right.
You want to be a distant friend,
and not a couple day and night.
You like the way your life is going,
probably golf and all things fun,
you may even have someone special,
which makes for a brighter sun.
I'm so happy that you're smiling,
every day, like you deserve,
I will admit the information
threw me for a curve.
But when I think how much I love you,
and truly always will,
that means I want the best for you,
as in a daffodil.
Smile plenty, and a lot of golf,
kiss those beautiful kids of yours.
You have a lot of life left,
remember you had one who adores.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Adores by Lilyann Monahan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Under The Moonlit Nights, I Think of Kis.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Poet Is A Liar, A Great Liar, You Ma.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- A Poet, Chris Newton
- Insomnia, petra pen
- "The Rest of My Life.", Aaron Waingrow
- La forme a conséquence, douglas scotney
- How Suicide Works 2, C Jay Caputo
- Eid Mubarak, Nasarudheen.P. Parameswaran
- My Feet, Randy McClave
- We Are Scottish, Randy McClave