Don't lie and say you love me,
I know you don't at all.
This mission that you are on,
will drive me up the wall.
I'm not quitting any vice,
until I see your face,
Then I'll do as you please,
and get my sub space.
You're not in charge this time Sir,
It took me too long to get here,
where I make the decisions now,
If you don't like it, don't stay near.
You screwed it up the first time,
didn't realize I'm a prize.
And now you'll risk it all again,
and break off all our ties.
Lilyann Monahan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A lie by Lilyann Monahan )
- Goodbye, Kai Wendland
- Cloistered Cluster, Saiom Shriver
- baby girl, michael crowley
- Love Poetry, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Fighting for nothing, Nassy Fesharaki
- Immigration - Another View, James B. Earley
- KP You Are Divine To Me, Michael McParland
- lover boy, michael crowley
- Pinkish lips, Nassy Fesharaki
- The heiress to my poetry...., PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(24 January 1572 - 31 March 1631)