Don't lie and say you love me,
I know you don't at all.
This mission that you are on,
will drive me up the wall.
I'm not quitting any vice,
until I see your face,
Then I'll do as you please,
and get my sub space.
You're not in charge this time Sir,
It took me too long to get here,
where I make the decisions now,
If you don't like it, don't stay near.
You screwed it up the first time,
didn't realize I'm a prize.
And now you'll risk it all again,
and break off all our ties.
Lilyann Monahan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A lie by Lilyann Monahan )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1753 – 5 December 1784)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1644 - 1694)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Robert Louis Stevenson
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Sonnet XVII, Pablo Neruda
- Cause And Effect, Charles Bukowski
- And Death Shall Have No Dominion, Dylan Thomas
- And because Love battles, Pablo Neruda
- I Remember, Anne Sexton
Poem of the Day
- Eliot, Your Modern Hollow Men, Bijay Kant Dubey
- The Return of The Romantic, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Point of Submission [Deictic Conclusions], Frank James Ryan Jr...FjR
- Gift, Frank Avon
- Longest Night, Nassy Fesharaki
- Loner, Michael Webb
- As One, Frank Avon
- ETC3, shuvo chakraborty
- SONNET II, Sir Toby Moses
- Tamil on decline, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.