A Rose With Few Thorns
When I give myself to thee, the bounds of love one cannot see,
shelter of my soul so fierce, my precious heart I ask not pierce.
Innocent petals protect the core, and with thy nectar, does it lure.
A need so deep, one feels its burn, and can't deny its sinful yearn.
Completeness in a sheer delight, darkest dark to lightest light.
Where two are one and one are two, a curse and blessing be held in you.
The pain it brings screams aloud, and remains in comfort behind its shroud.
Thy ways of old becoming new, aglow your face with terror true.
The heart does bleed when love is blind, and those that suffer are of a kind.
A seething fire that scorns the past, yet never tires to make it last.
Within the break of day anew, its compelling agony holds tight to you.
And soon enough you will see it never deserts the rare like thee.
Oh sweetest rose, with thorns so few, let thy heavens above heal you.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Rose With Few Thorns by Lilyann Monahan )
- "...through your rape whistle", Jeff Gangwer
- "Angels are...", Jeff Gangwer
- Your Ghost Doesn't Haunt This Room, Jeff Gangwer
- She Wore Poison on Her Neck, Jeff Gangwer
- Yes or No?, Jeff Gangwer
- A. A. Anzarannii As An Indian English Po.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- From My List of Annoyances, Jeff Gangwer
- When A Flower Glooms, Eshan Gupta
- A Wealth, Like Truth, Jeff Gangwer
- "If I believed in your heaven...&qu.., Jeff Gangwer
Poem of the Day
- To an Athlete Dying Young, Alfred Edward Housman
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Robert William Service
(16 January 1874 - 11 September 1958)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)