A Rose With Few Thorns
When I give myself to thee, the bounds of love one cannot see,
shelter of my soul so fierce, my precious heart I ask not pierce.
Innocent petals protect the core, and with thy nectar, does it lure.
A need so deep, one feels its burn, and can't deny its sinful yearn.
Completeness in a sheer delight, darkest dark to lightest light.
Where two are one and one are two, a curse and blessing be held in you.
The pain it brings screams aloud, and remains in comfort behind its shroud.
Thy ways of old becoming new, aglow your face with terror true.
The heart does bleed when love is blind, and those that suffer are of a kind.
A seething fire that scorns the past, yet never tires to make it last.
Within the break of day anew, its compelling agony holds tight to you.
And soon enough you will see it never deserts the rare like thee.
Oh sweetest rose, with thorns so few, let thy heavens above heal you.
Lilyann Monahan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Rose With Few Thorns by Lilyann Monahan )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Dr John Celes
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- A Life-Lesson, James Whitcomb Riley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Tiger, William Blake
- The Solitary Reaper, William Wordsworth
Poem of the Day
- Give and Take, Md. Ziaul Haque
- She has Fallen Ill, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Sometimes It Feels So Bad, Md. Ziaul Haque
- After So Many Days You Called, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Strange!, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Life very quiet, hasmukh amathalal
- Good People are Going Away, Md. Ziaul Haque
- INSPIRED, ALLEN PHETOGO
- JESUS CHRIST, ALLEN PHETOGO
- FAITH, ALLEN PHETOGO