I lost a friend years ago,
we had an awful fight.
there is an empty space I have,
I am the dark, he's light.
He moved to another state,
I'm not certain about which one,
all I know, is I miss him so,
I need to get this done.
I want our friendship to be,
from now and not the past.
I believe that its the best way,
to make the friendship last.
To me he is a shining star,
I miss his silly jokes,
I never laughed so hard inside,
from his jokes, he provokes.
I wish that he would reach me,
because I can't find him at all,
I gave him my number years ago,
now I pray that I get a call.
Lilyann Monahan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Best Friend by Lilyann Monahan )
- October Skies, Judith Emery
- So Much This Heart Holds, Rohit Sapra
- Jackdaw wonting to break free, Mark Heathcote
- You Are My Winter Song, Asma Riaz Khan
- In Dreams It Lives, Rohit Sapra
- Attitude, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- Antidepressants, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- Eve of Destruction (2014), Anthony Di'anno
- ! Struck by the Oner, Alice Vedral Rivera
- Haiku 12, Suresh Dogra
Poem of the Day
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(17 July 1674 – 25 November 1748)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Edgar Lee Masters
(23 August 1868 – 5 March 1950)
George Gordon Byron
(22 January 1788 – 19 April 1824)
(1886 - 1967)