I lost a friend years ago,
we had an awful fight.
there is an empty space I have,
I am the dark, he's light.
He moved to another state,
I'm not certain about which one,
all I know, is I miss him so,
I need to get this done.
I want our friendship to be,
from now and not the past.
I believe that its the best way,
to make the friendship last.
To me he is a shining star,
I miss his silly jokes,
I never laughed so hard inside,
from his jokes, he provokes.
I wish that he would reach me,
because I can't find him at all,
I gave him my number years ago,
now I pray that I get a call.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Best Friend by Lilyann Monahan )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- Draw, Abby Sze
- They Will Be Playing Trick, Neela Nath
- you are not alone, jade mears
- Anti Bullying Poem, jade mears
- Bosses Week, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Musical toy, hasmukh amathalal
- Paper Hearts, Susan Lacovara
- Appreciating The Boss, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A poem for paige, jade mears
- Angel, Brian J. Stafford