Stripped bare to nothing but a soul,
obscured to the human eye,
chained modesty to mockery,
my desolation seeks a cry.
Embracing neglect and vacancy,
enabling my heart to conceal,
the potency of my love for him,
and the hunger I have to feel.
A fine line between fragility and strength,
perceiving the injustice he's done,
yet with the perception, my heart believes,
he's failed to complete what he's done.
Lilyann Monahan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Bare by Lilyann Monahan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Carnal Succubus, Is It Poetry
- colorful lies, Mary Amrutha
- Bonus post, Mae AC.
- My Left Hand, Kyle Schlicher
- The Mad Scientist Writing, Kyle Schlicher
- Right or Wrong, Nasarudheen.P. Parameswaran
- A Real Friend, Margaret Moran
- you're a vessel i want live on twelve mo.., Mandolyn ...
- Riff on Bruce's Post Card Love Affairs, David McLansky
- Eternal Thirst, Lora Colon