A Wish to My Daughter
My sweet, little darling, you were the best,
One of the smartest child between all the rest.
You and I always know that you'll make it well,
On money cares you never have to dwell.
In the years when we were growing up together,
I thought you were my best friend and sometimes my elder.
You helped me to find always the good road,
You helped me with your advises to carry life's heavy load.
Your life must be always in the shinning sun,
Strength, courage is your inheritance in the brilliant dawn,
Let your life be a never ending success,
Only health, good life and happiness fit my princess.
I am sorry if you don't see what I always thought,
Probably you wouldn't take all my praises,
And in your mind you opposed and fought.
Even if our personality opposing each other,
I love you my child, your personality I never wish to alter.
You are the child of God and let life be your teacher
LaSoaphia QuXazs's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Wish to My Daughter by LaSoaphia QuXazs )
- Where You Are Planted, Evie Shockley
- We are not in favor of, gajanan mishra
- Afterward, Lawrence Beck
- Fourth's Corner, michael walkerjohn
- O stop, little, lovely rose, Saheb Mohapatra
- Diwali for the dead, Saheb Mohapatra
- DIWALI (Never have I seen.....), Saheb Mohapatra
- Waiting On The Mayflower, Evie Shockley
- All the time, Cee Bea
- Friend in the Desert, michael walkerjohn
Poem of the Day
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(1886 - 1967)