A Wish to My Daughter
My sweet, little darling, you were the best,
One of the smartest child between all the rest.
You and I always know that you'll make it well,
On money cares you never have to dwell.
In the years when we were growing up together,
I thought you were my best friend and sometimes my elder.
You helped me to find always the good road,
You helped me with your advises to carry life's heavy load.
Your life must be always in the shinning sun,
Strength, courage is your inheritance in the brilliant dawn,
Let your life be a never ending success,
Only health, good life and happiness fit my princess.
I am sorry if you don't see what I always thought,
Probably you wouldn't take all my praises,
And in your mind you opposed and fought.
Even if our personality opposing each other,
I love you my child, your personality I never wish to alter.
You are the child of God and let life be your teacher
LaSoaphia QuXazs's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Wish to My Daughter by LaSoaphia QuXazs )
- Royals Baseball Poem, Tom Zart
- Contemporary Indian English Poetry, Bijay Kant Dubey
- A Silver Lining In The Sky., Tony Adah
- Night and Day, Rachel Nichols
- Prayer at 5: 30 a.m. by Robert E. Whelan.., Bill Grace
- स्रोद गोमोरदोँ, Ronjoy Brahma
- The Rules Of The Game., Tony Adah
- Rold Dahls Words Of Wow, Curtlan Popo
- Lovingkindness! ! ! Yes!, Mr. Nobody
- Poetry Consoles, Sandra Feldman
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(c. 600 BCE)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)