Sandi J Holland
A Wasp Drinking Water
A wasp drinking water.
I could not believe,
That something so ugly
Could have such a need.
He parked on the rim
Of the birdbath that day,
And started to drink
Without looking my way.
I stopped in my motion,
And standing stock-still,
I looked at him drinking
And drinking his fill.
He finished his feeding
And flew fast away,
And never acknowledged
My presence that day.
The wasp showed me something
To ponder, I think.
That it has a beauty
In needing to drink.
Sandi J Holland's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Wasp Drinking Water by Sandi J Holland )
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(1886 - 1967)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Oliver Wendell Holmes
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Francesca, Ezra Pound
- complaining about the war wont help, Keegan Shelton
- Beautiful Inside, Paul Holmes
- Jugnoo, Harivansh Rai Bachchan
- A Little Light, Carolyn Brunelle
Poem of the Day
- Beware..., Dr John Celes
- Him Or Her, Edward Kofi Louis
- Opened!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Revealed In Us, Edward Kofi Louis
- Puffed Up II, Edward Kofi Louis
- Shallum, Edward Kofi Louis
- Hey There (Don't You Stare) / The New A.., Joseph Archer
- Imprisoned!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Afghanistanstuck, Ima Ryma
- To Speak With You II, Edward Kofi Louis