A Walk About Town
The sky was a peach being shaved.
Fragments of its skin,
Draped along the red brick
That held the Hope Mission
I could hear the clanking
Of donated utensils
Onto plastic plates.
To the authority
The air was ripe with spring!
A clean scent,
Like that of new glass,
Or flesh cleansed with ocean tides.
Along the walking bridge,
Where a boy leaped
Over the wooden barrier.
Balanced on the ball of heels,
While looking down
At the polluted water below.
I thought of suicide attempts
“That's dangerous.” I said.
He smiled devilishly.
“I do this all the time.” With laughter.
In the response
A minuscule account
Of daredevil simplicity.
Just being a child.
I was but a mere tool
To witness it.
A.j. Binash's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Walk About Town by A.j. Binash )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
Poem of the Day
- diMinNuTiVe, sEaN nOrTh
- I Am A Boat, Paul Gerard Reed
- Peace#01, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- hav em kill - BIG Chief di$bEliEf, sEaN nOrTh
- We Ate Beans., Tony Adah
- Letting Go, favour ugwumba
- Paw, saw, raw, law!, Edward Kofi Louis
- नोँखौ मोजां मोन्नायल' नङा, Ronjoy Brahma
- - Μαέστρος, Giorgio A. V.
- Μαέστρος, Giorgio A. V.