A Soul's Endeavour
As I lay dying
My contrite heart crying
Tears with hope glimmer
As the river of life shimmers
Hands too weak to pray
Heart in prostration lay.
A sinful ship my eyes behold
That on the stream of life floats
Laden with transgressions
Its sails unfurl my confessions
Dives in dark waves of repentance
Bounces up, on its acceptance.
Holding the bars of its prison
Soul smiles with a hopeful reason
And I see how my ship of sins
In the sea of God’s mercy sinks
Soul twirled in ecstasy
Ready to take a leap into eternity!
Humera Sultana's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Soul's Endeavour by Humera Sultana )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- A Kind of Vertigo, douglas scotney
- Sacaificed, Tony Ford
- Gay parade, Nassy Fesharaki
- Neighbor, Katie Doty
- department stores give me a headache, Mandolyn ...
- Secrets Hidden By The Side Of The Road, Is It Poetry
- Poetic Flashes, Sandra Feldman
- Lick Of Leak, sallam yassin
- Ode to Arizona on a Hot Summer's Day, Adam M. Snow
- Forgiveness, Tony Ford