A Soldier s Prayer
It’s a battlefield CHRISTMAS where soldiers stand guard
Not being with loved ones is so very hard.
But you had made a decision to defend the human rights
And if it must be –then you will stand and fight.
The day is calm and in the foxhole you lay
And in your mind- you begin to pray.
“DEAR GOD “this is the day of your birth
And so many families are feeling the hurt.
They are praying where ever they can
And all we ask is for your helping hand.
Let there be peace and not one shot fired
Because as soldiers we are so very tired.
We have seen death and destruction every where
And it seems like no one cares.
Why has the human heart become so cold?
When once before their families they would hold.!
There once was flairs bursting in air
Now its bombs – and destruction they bare.
Just for this one day – all heads should bow
And give thanks for what we may have now.
So “DEAR GOD”- this is my soldier’s prayer
And with the world, your love I will share.
louis rams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Soldier s Prayer by louis rams )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Wondrous Love, BRENDA KANSHABETUMUSHABE
- Look Into Me, John Ugolo Umah
- 'Madness' (Senryu), Mihaela Pirjol
- Artists (Senryu), Mihaela Pirjol
- heart of den, ademola oluwabusayo
- Rain, Neela Nath
- Somehow...Someway, Charles Hancock
- Truly Inspiring, Electric Lady
- Unrest Soul: Before Ebola Comes, Onyekachukwu Vincent Onyeche
- मन साफ़ करता है।man saaf karta hai, hasmukh amathalal