A Soldier s Prayer
It’s a battlefield CHRISTMAS where soldiers stand guard
Not being with loved ones is so very hard.
But you had made a decision to defend the human rights
And if it must be –then you will stand and fight.
The day is calm and in the foxhole you lay
And in your mind- you begin to pray.
“DEAR GOD “this is the day of your birth
And so many families are feeling the hurt.
They are praying where ever they can
And all we ask is for your helping hand.
Let there be peace and not one shot fired
Because as soldiers we are so very tired.
We have seen death and destruction every where
And it seems like no one cares.
Why has the human heart become so cold?
When once before their families they would hold.!
There once was flairs bursting in air
Now its bombs – and destruction they bare.
Just for this one day – all heads should bow
And give thanks for what we may have now.
So “DEAR GOD”- this is my soldier’s prayer
And with the world, your love I will share.
louis rams's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Soldier s Prayer by louis rams )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Walter de la Mare
(1873 - 1958)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Warning, Jenny Joseph
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- A Minor Bird, Robert Frost
- We lose—because we win, Emily Dickinson
- A Late Walk, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- કોઈ પણ બહાને koi pan, hasmukh amathalal
- Observation, Hans Raj Sharma
- MY CUSTOM, SirLalianMwittah Nyalali
- ANOKHA YEH DUNIYA KA MELA, Om Chawla
- The 4th day of Christmas, mai venn
- a hero, Cee Bea
- Never think again, hasmukh amathalal
- GO AWAY, SirLalianMwittah Nyalali
- वक्त की दिवार हम नहीं vakt ki, hasmukh amathalal
- On the ladder, hasmukh amathalal