Palas Kumar Ray
A River In My Heart
I carry a river
bhatiyali songs to me.
I carry her in my heart.
She carries chip, pansi, dingi, sampan
and all other kinds of boats-
of fishermen's pride.
Also she carries chital, boyal, haair
puti, khalisa, meni, pangus and all other
fishermen's secret riches.
She carries brides shy
going first time to her new home
in a bojra or gaina with tearful eyes.
She carries besides
all those nimbus clouds of the sky
to their home to the sea nearby.
But this river I carry in my heart
also carries memory of a frightening
war trodden night.
I carry this river in my heart
singing bhatiyali songs to me
far far away who carries my mind.
© Palas Kumar Ray.All rights reserved.
Palas Kumar Ray's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A River In My Heart by Palas Kumar Ray )
- There Is Nothing But Darkness, Ronell Warren Alman
- Unpopped Corn Kernals and Cold Hearts..., Monk E. Biz
- The Full Moon, Vigna Mukund
- Adrenaline is my Mistress, Hayley Lewis
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.33, Monk E. Biz
- Incarnation, dr.k.g.balakrishnan kandangath
- Eternal creation, ramesh rai
- Lomp doch fijn besnaard 2, Madrason writer
- Treasured days..., David Lessard
- The body of my Temple lays unswept;, David McLansky
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(January 30, 1935 – September 14, 1984)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)