Palas Kumar Ray
A River In My Heart
I carry a river
bhatiyali songs to me.
I carry her in my heart.
She carries chip, pansi, dingi, sampan
and all other kinds of boats-
of fishermen's pride.
Also she carries chital, boyal, haair
puti, khalisa, meni, pangus and all other
fishermen's secret riches.
She carries brides shy
going first time to her new home
in a bojra or gaina with tearful eyes.
She carries besides
all those nimbus clouds of the sky
to their home to the sea nearby.
But this river I carry in my heart
also carries memory of a frightening
war trodden night.
I carry this river in my heart
singing bhatiyali songs to me
far far away who carries my mind.
© Palas Kumar Ray.All rights reserved.
Palas Kumar Ray's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A River In My Heart by Palas Kumar Ray )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Dare - Devil Inside, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I'll be missing you, Emma Wilson
- A U G U S T, hasmukh amathalal
- Conquest, Liilia Talts Morrison
- My Circus Tent, Stephen Loomes
- Mute Talking Drum, Chibueze Oscar Osuji
- silkworm, Marshall Gass
- you on a continent climbed....., Marshall Gass
- I reached deep into a pocket........., Marshall Gass
- Leaves Of The Past, RoseAnn V. Shawiak