Palas Kumar Ray
A River In My Heart
I carry a river
bhatiyali songs to me.
I carry her in my heart.
She carries chip, pansi, dingi, sampan
and all other kinds of boats-
of fishermen's pride.
Also she carries chital, boyal, haair
puti, khalisa, meni, pangus and all other
fishermen's secret riches.
She carries brides shy
going first time to her new home
in a bojra or gaina with tearful eyes.
She carries besides
all those nimbus clouds of the sky
to their home to the sea nearby.
But this river I carry in my heart
also carries memory of a frightening
war trodden night.
I carry this river in my heart
singing bhatiyali songs to me
far far away who carries my mind.
© Palas Kumar Ray.All rights reserved.
Palas Kumar Ray's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A River In My Heart by Palas Kumar Ray )
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- In Flanders Field, John McCrae
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(17 June 1867 – 2 September 1922)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)