Waltz For Zizi
A Regret of You
They're bending mountains over you, with the elegance of god
trying to impress the nesting soul in you.
Decapitating suns, to give you their crown,
they ruin worlds, in search for a ring, a ring they put in your hand, to have you naked, in their lies,
and I suffer, because I don't have anything else to give you, than I already gave.
I don't have gold, diamonds or silver. I don't have a castle of my own. I don't have a crown.
words are cheap, and I can only offer you this,
but know that they are my most precious thing.
And maybe Desnos and others, said it better,
but I don't want to send you their poems,
I want to send my own words to you, because they have you in their minds,
and not the one Desnos was thinking about.
My words are my thoughts, and they wouldn't have existed without you,
At the end of it,
it's the moment to say what I neglected:
I love you..
Waltz For Zizi's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Regret of You by Waltz For Zizi )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(August 19, 1902 – May 19, 1971)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
Poem of the Day
- Those Moments Of Weakness لحظات الضعف هذه, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Money (Cedi), Ghana Green Poetry Foundation
- Off the Rez, Smoky Hoss
- As an emigrant كمهاجر, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Two Little Boats, Ghana Green Poetry Foundation
- The Golden Swan, Ghana Green Poetry Foundation
- As a passer-bye, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Love is Blue, Ghana Green Poetry Foundation
- Song of Yuletide Night, Sir Toby Moses
- Another Jungle Pool, Denis Martindale