A Reason to Miss Me
Surrounded by food wrappers,
From the vending machine.
I crumpled them together.
Held my ear
Next to the closed fist.
Studied the noise
Along the lines
Of my palm.
I licked them clean.
Imagined the fortune
I washed away.
Reflected in the mirror
On my tongue.
(Yellow 6, Yellow 5 and Red 40)
Delicious and orange.
It wasn't healthy,
But neither was syphilis,
Or the bottle.
I stayed inside
That cold February night.
I had to give the whores
A reason to miss me.
A.j. Binash's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Reason to Miss Me by A.j. Binash )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Just stupid, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- To Efe Benjamin, Electric Lady
- You chose the gift above the giver!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Immersing Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Ruled By Share Values, Terence G. Craddock
- Forgive Me Lord, The Oracle
- Earth's Greediest Ruling Government?, Terence G. Craddock
- She's The Devil and I am Her Sin, A.j. Binash
- depths within the shallows, Metaphorically Speaking
- You are leading being the head, gajanan mishra