Dr.V.K. Kanniappan (17.10.1944 / Madurai, Tamil Nadu, India)
A pleasing gentleman Is the one who is liked for ever!
A person who is said to be eating pleasant food
is the one who eats without killing any life for food,
but the one who eats only vegetarian food!
A person who is said to be a hated personality
Is the one who lives with loss of cheers in his face really,
but the one who behaves with others snappishly!
A person who is said to be lonely without companion
Is the one who has not done anything good to anyone,
but the one who was idle, without helping tendency!
A person who is said to be a pleasing gentleman
Is the one who is not hated by any body whomsoever,
But the one who is a well disciplined person, liked for ever!
Poet Other Poems
- A beautiful portrait! -Haiku
- A Brahman Wins By Tactics
- A Day When The Food Eaten All Alone
- A dumb person having a dream!
- A Favor Done To Men Of Knowledge and Vir...
- A Feeling Of Euphoria In The Fertile Fie...
- A Good Modern Poem
- A Guava fruit a day
- A house with a deferring wife becomes a ...
- A learned person shall not eat the food ...
- A Lover Is Perplexed At Seeing His Fianc...
- A married wife who is disobedient to the...
- A Person Who Does Not Skip Moral Values!
- A Person Who Is Superior To The Holy Pe...
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
This poem 'A pleasing gentleman Is the one who is liked for ever! ' is a translation of a poem from Tamil literature 'NaanmaNik katikai'
இனிது உண்பான் என்பான் உயிர் கொல்லாது உண்பான்;
முனிதக்கான் என்பான் முகன் ஒழிந்து வாழ்வான்;
தனியன் எனப்படுவான் செய்த நன்று இல்லான்;
இனியன் எனப்படுவான் யார் யார்க்கேயானும்