A pleasing gentleman is the one who is liked for ever!
A person who is said to be eating pleasant food
is the one who eats without killing any life for food,
but the one who eats only vegetarian food!
A person who is said to be a hated personality
Is the one who lives with loss of cheers in his face really,
but the one who behaves with others snappishly!
A person who is said to be lonely without companion
Is the one who has not done anything good to anyone,
but the one who was idle, without helping tendency!
A person who is said to be a pleasing gentleman
Is the one who is not hated by any body whomsoever,
But the one who is a well disciplined person, liked for ever!
Dr.V.K. Kanniappan's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
This poem ‘A pleasing gentleman is the one who is liked for ever! ‘ is a translation of a poem from Tamil literature ‘NaanmaNik katikai'
இனிதுண்பான் என்பான் உயிர்கொல்லா(து) உண்பான்;
முனிதக்கான் என்பான் முகன்ஒழிந்து வாழ்வான்;
தனியன் எனப்படுவான் செய்தநன்று இல்லான்;
இனியன் எனப்படுவான் யார்யார்க்கே யானும்
முனியா ஒழுக்கத் தவன்.59
Comments about this poem (A pleasing gentleman is the one who is liked for ever! by Dr.V.K. Kanniappan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Indulgence, Angela Khristin Brown
- Inspiration of Infancy, Chris Jax
- Assorted Interpretations, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- A Devil To Do A Deed, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Walking On The Sea, Saiom Shriver
- Flying Snail, Saiom Shriver
- No Squealing, Saiom Shriver
- Sacred Cows, Saiom Shriver
- Make your Mothers Day, Damian Murphy
- Good Morning, Anuradha Bhattacharyya